Date posted 02 Dec 2016
Price: Please contact
Ad ID: 92799
Company: HITE Services Ltd.
Business Information: We provide crane and heavy equipment inspection, maintenance, training and operating. We also rent and sell crane and heavy equipment.
Business Location: 790 Lapointe Street, Sudbury ON, P3A 5N8
Work location: Same as above. The majority of the work will be done in Ontario in locations such as: Cochrane, Attawapiskat, Dryden, North Bay, New Liskeard, Kapuskasing, Timmins, Thunder Bay, Timiskaming, Sudbury, Red Lake, Remote Mine and Railway Sites. There is the possibility to work in Montreal QC as well.
Type of Employment: Full time–Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Qualified to operate mobile, boom trucks and tower cranes to lift, move, position or place equipment and materials
- Qualified on pile driving cranes to drive pilings into earth to provide support for bridges and other structures
- Qualified on cranes equipped with dredging attachments to dredge waterways and other areas and work within coast guard regulations
- Qualified on gantry cranes to load and unload ship cargo at port side
- Qualified on locomotive cranes to move objects and materials on railway property
- Qualified on overhead and hot metal cranes to lift, move and place plant machinery and materials
- Qualified on offshore oil rig cranes to unload and reload supply vessels
- Qualified on cranes mounted on boats or barges to lift, move and place equipment and materials
- Qualified on dragline cranes to expose coal seams and ore deposits at open pit mines
- Perform preoperational inspection, and calculate crane capacities and weight to prepare for rigging and hoisting
- Assemble and Disassemble tower cranes on site
- Instruct Managers and Supervisors on the regulations and set up of lifting equipment
- Instruct operators and apprentices on hoisting and jacking equipment
- Instruct managers, supervisors and operators on routine maintenance work
- Assist maintenance crews with major repairs
Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
A trade certificate is required:
- Hoisting Engineer – Mobile Crane Operator Branch 1 is required. Position Involves working with very high level mobile cranes. Operator must be able to set-up and operate foundation equipment cranes with pile driving or drilling equipment from American, Ohio, Terex, Manitowoc, Grove, Link belt. This equipment is used in bridge building and is very safety sensitive due to the dangers of working at heights and close quarters to moving equipment.
The Instructor/Operator must have experience with tandem lifting of large vessels including bridge spans, pressure tanks and vessels. Must have experience working with cranes on barges sitting in fresh and salt water for setting bridge spans, dredging or oil well work. Must have a strong mathematical background and be able to calculate ground bearing pressure, net capacity, sling and hardware loading to ensure safety of the job task at hand. Must be able to work in a classroom situation instructing adult learners, be able to communicate at different levels with students from labourers to managers of corporations.
- Hoisting Engineer – Mobile Crane Operator Branch 2 is required.
Instructor/Operator must have experience operating and setting up telescopic and articulating cranes used in the construction, railway and mining industry. This will require the same basic skill set as the branch 1 license.
Experience: The necessary to be certified. No further experience required as trade certificate is mandatory
- Driver’s license Class A-Z is required
Salary: $35.00 to $37.00 hourly, 8 – 12 hours per day, 40 – 60 hours per week.
Important information: Work schedule is from Monday to Friday. Workday starts at 8 AM. Flexibility of scheduling is required. This job requires the individual to work long hours, usually 12 hour days as well as requires travel for long duration away from home staying at railway and mine remote camp sites. On occasion, as an operator/trainer, afternoon or graveyard shifts will be worked. The individual must be well versed on the highly specific equipment that our clients require to be inspected, and trained on.
Benefits: We provide extended medical insurance and dental insurance. We also provide out-of-town meals at $50 per day plus $15 per day after 12 hours (unscheduled). Employees have use of a HITE vehicle and phone. Mechanic uniforms are also provided and laundered.
Apply by mail to: 790 Lapointe Street, Sudbury ON, P3A 5N8
Apply by Fax: 705-524-5373
Apply by email: email@example.com