Electrical Engineering Technician
Date posted 11 Jan 2017
Ad ID: 102436
Company: Buhler (Canada) Inc.
Business information: The company holds globally leading market positions in technologies and methods for processing grain into flour and feed, as well as for the production of pasta and chocolate, in die casting, wet grinding and surface coating. The company's core technologies are in the areas of mechanical and thermal process engineering. Our main customers are in grain processing, milling and chocolate and plant control systems in the food industry. We have offices in the Plymouth (Minnesota) USA and in Markham (ON) Canada.
Business address: 7270 Woodbine Av. Suite 202, Markham, ON, L3R 4B9
Work Location: at the office 7270 Woodbine Av. Suite 202, Markham, ON, L3R 4B9, and all over Canada and in the USA based on customers’ needs.
Type of Employment: Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Design, develop and test power equipment and systems
- Fulfil automation Service contracts with customers and foster customer relationships
- Assist in design, development and testing
- Write specifications
- Install, maintain and service equipment; Maintenance support, troubleshooting
- Maintenance for electrical and electronic Buhler equipment
- Customer visits, scheduled or emergency
- Assist in inspecting, testing and adjusting electronic components; Buhler Machine integration, process changes in the existing control systems
- Proactive customer visits and assessments of existing plant control systems, suggestions for updates/improvements
- Calibrate electronic equipment and instruments
- Investigation of Failures in any Buhler machinery
- Assist in building and testing prototypes to specifications
- Collect and compile operational or experimental data
- Carry out applied research in fields of electrical and electronic engineering and physics
- Conduct or supervise the installation, commissioning, and operation of electrical and electronic equipment and systems
- Set up and operate specialized and standard test equipment to diagnose, test and analyze the performance of electrical and electronic components, assemblies and systems
- Supervise the building and testing of prototypes
- Assist in preparing estimates, schedules, specifications and reports; Complete trip reports and expense reports
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Customer operator training on the Buhler software WinCos and WinCos workshops on-site or in-house
- Provide assistance to Buhler programmers during plant start-ups
- Communicate and participate in solving problems related to customer orders or concerns
- Support the sales team on technical questions, during customer visits and quotations
- Education: Completion of a one- or two-year college program in electrical or electronics engineering technology is required
- Experience: at least 3 years of experience in electrical or electronics engineering technology is required
- Strong technical knowledge in Plant Control Systems, specifically in food processing plants, is required due to government regulations, especially hygiene regulation. This knowledge is also required to know how dry and wet material is weighed, measured, moved via pneumatics/ hydraulics; how it is heated, cooled dried, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in installation, start-up and maintenance of food processing plants and equipment; hardware panel building
- Strong and longstanding background in Automation and Control Systems engineering technology is a must for this position
- Solid Customer Service Experience is required given that our engineering personnel visit our customers by themselves and therefore they need to be able to communicate efficiently and able to make informed decisions by themselves
- Ability to work independently
- Safety: Solid understanding of CanOSHA and US OSHA on-site safety regulations and CSA Z462 / NFPA 70E regulation for electrical safety at work is an asset
- Willing to travel regularly all over Canada and to the USA
- A driver’s license is required to go to different customers’ sites
Salary: $35.49 to $36.49 hourly, 40 Hours per week
Benefits: Disability, dental and extended medical insurances are provided. RRSP / DPSP, year-end bonus (40% of monthly salary), EBIT bonus in March if business allows, uniform and tools are provided.
-Flexibility on schedule is required. There will be 8 hours of work per day but shifts can be anytime during the day and night shifts can be required; the working hours can be during the week or the weekend and overtime may be required.
-The position requires to travel to different customers’ site all over the country and the position sometimes involves work in the USA as well.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 7270 Woodbine Av. Suite 202, Markham, ON, L3R 4B9
Apply by fax to: 763-847-9912