Heavy-Duty Cleaner (commercial cleaner)
Date posted 01 Mar 2016
Ad ID: 30618
Company: ST Equities Ltd. / Service Master Clean of York
Business information: we are a company who specializes in commercial cleaning of floors, carpets, furniture and emergency water removal at various locations in West Toronto.
Business address: 122 Galaxy Boulevard, Toronto, ON, M9W 4Y6
Work Location: various locations within Etobicoke and West Toronto
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Clean, strip and wax hallways, floors and stairs; clean commercial carpets
- Operate rotary scrubbing machine and hot water extractors
- Wash windows, interior walls and ceilings
- Move heavy furniture, equipment and supplies
- Clean and disinfect bathrooms and fixtures
- Work with minimal supervision
- Perform safety and security checks
- Emergency water removal
- Fabric partition cleaning
- Drive to various commercial offices, condominiums and apartment buildings
-Education: Completion of secondary school
-Experience: Experience is an asset
-Handling heavy loads
-Must be able to work independently
-Valid Driver’s License is required along with clean driving record
Salary: $16.83 to $18.83 hourly – 40 hours per week. Employer pays $40.00 per hour for afterhours flood or fire emergencies - 40 hours per week
Benefits: Uniforms and some transportation are provided
-Flexibility in schedule is required. Shifts are rotating shifts that can be anytime during the day or night; much of the work is done at night and on weekends when businesses are closed. The workers are on call 7 days, 24 hours a day. The number of worked hours per day varies, however a minimum of 30 hours per week is guaranteed.
-This position involves specialized cleaning as the worker will have to clean commercial offices and residential buildings.
-This position also involves using and lifting heavy industrial equipment including a rotary scrubbing machine and portable hot water extractor.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 122 Galaxy Boulevard, Toronto, ON, M9W 4Y6
Apply by fax to: 416-675-4690