Long haul truck driver
Date posted 28 Sep 2016
Price: Please contact
Ad ID: 73854
Company: Precision Truck Lines Inc.
Business Address: 8111 Huntington Road, Woodbridge, ON, L4H 0S6
Location of work: Driver will travel from Ontario to U.S.A.
Type of Employment: Full time–Permanent.
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
** Precision Truck Lines Inc. (Precision) specializes in cross-border transportation of Less-than-Truckload (LTL) and Truckload (TL) freight between Toronto, Canada and most of the Western, Midwestern and South-western United States. With headquarters in Canada: Toronto, Ontario, California in the USA, Precision’s professional administrative staff efficiently expedites diverse shipments across North America by ensuring that all incoming and outgoing clearing documentation is in order and properly post-audited. **
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch
- Drive as a single driver or as part of a two-person team or convoy
- Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo
- Load and unload goods. Driver will also supervise the loading and unloading of cargo.
- Occasionally drive lighter, special purpose trucks.
- Perform preventive maintenance such as changing a light bulb, light fuse.
- Operate and drive straight and mostly articulated trucks to transport goods and materials
- Perform emergency roadside repairs. Very light maintenance
- Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes such as permits that are secured by our administrative staff. The driver has to read the permit, sign it and abide by the covenants of the permits.
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle.
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
- Occasionally arrange travel, related itineraries and make reservations
- Professionalism in customer service
- Mountain driving expertise
- Address customers' complaints or concerns. At the site, the driver will contact our dispatchers who will address concerns and/or complaints.
- Able to lift about 50 lbs.
- Education: Completion of high school is required
- Valid (Class 1 or A) driver license is required. In Ontario they need an AZ license
- Air Brake Z Endorsement is required.
- Clean driver abstract
- Driver must be able to travel from Ontario to USA
- Willing to travel extended periods and travel overnight
- Language requirement: English
- Experience is preferred. Training will be provided.
- Training will also include log books and border crossings.
- Please be advised that road driving test will be conducted as part of the hiring process.
Benefits: We provide disability benefits, extended medical insurance and dental benefits
Salary: $22.15 to $23.00 hourly, 50.00 Hours per week. Please note that drivers can drive up to 70 hours per week.
Important Information: Driver must have a flexible schedule.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 8111 Huntington Road, Woodbridge, ON, L4H 0S6
Apply by fax to: 905-851-5527