Senior Music or sound mixer
Date posted 13 Jun 2016
Price: Please contact
Ad ID: 44836
Company: La Hacienda Creative Inc.
Business Location: 342 Main Street West Hamilton, ON L8P 1J9
Work Location: 786 King Street West Toronto, ON M5V 1N6 AND 60 Rue St-Jacques, #900, Montreal, QC H2Y 1L5. The worker will also travel to other countries to work on audio recordings: Peru, Colombia, Brazil and India.
Business information: We are a music and audio post production studio for video games, television, virtual reality and films.
Type of Employment: Permanent - Full Time
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Operate mixing, recording, editing machinery and equipment
- Set up and prepare audio recording equipment, from source (instruments) to the final item on the chain (DAW or tape recorder). Choose the proper microphone for each situation.
- Operate audio consoles or computers, tape machines, microphones and sound processing equipment at concerts and live events
- Operate audio consoles such as large format analog consoles (SSL, Neve, API, Harrison), digital consoles (Yamaha, Midas, Allen-Heath), outboard equipment (dinamic processors, effects units), tape machines or digital adio workstations (Nuendo, Cubase, Pro Tools, Reaper, Logic, Digital Performer) to mix, combine and edit previously recorded music or sounds.
- Operate audio consoles and outboard gear to mix live events and performances is an asset.
- Set up, prepare, operate and adjust audio, recording, editing and reproducing equipment to record, edit and reproduce sound input
- Record 3d sounds and music using techiques such as binaural recording or ambisonic microphones (A and B format)
- Supervise other technical staff. Supervise and co-ordinate the work of other audio technicians
- Record and mix music and audio for various medias (TV,videogames, VR headsets)
- Mix and integrate 3d audio and music for linear or dynamic contents for platforms such as Milk VR, Oculus Rift, Youtube 360, Facebook 360, Google Cardboard, HTC Vive and Sony Playstation VR
- Implement interactive music using Wwise software for video games
- Manage music and sound effects library using Soundminer
- In-depth knwoledge of audio for virtual reality
- Knowledge of 3d game engines such as Unity and Unreal.
- Manage studio facilities and projects
- Control schedules, hours and payroll of other employees
- Maintain, organize, acquire and store studio equipment and musical instruments
- Contact with clients to discuss budgets and schedules
- Negotiate costs and schedules with clients
- Research, compose and understand world music and the various types of rhythms and musicality from different countries, specially latin and indian music.
- Completion of high school
- Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a music or sound mixer. If candidate does not have at least 3-5 years of experience then a post-secondary certificate is required
- At least 1 year experience in recording, mixing and integrating 3d audio (ambisonic and omni binaural formats) into 3d game engines like Unity and Unreal using (but not limited to) Wwise.
- Extensive experience as a professional recording musician. Latin music experience is an asset.
- At least 5 major video-game releases as a dinamic music mixer.
- Experience in running a commercially viable studio is an asset
- English and French are required for the position because the person will be working in Ontario and Montreal. Spanish and Portuguese are an asset for future trips.
Salary: $30.00 to $31.00 hourly, 40.00 to 44.00 hours per week
Important Information: Work schedule will be Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM. Flexibility on schedule is required. Weekends are off.
Benefits: We provide lunch and transportation to and from the studio.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 786 King Street West Toronto, ON M5V 1N6