General Farm Worker
Date posted 27 Sep 2016
Price: Please contact
Ad ID: 73339
Company: Pemberton Hop Alliance Inc.
Business Location: 203-8475 Ontario St. Vancouver BC V5X 3E8
Work Location: 752 Green Road, Pemberton BC, V0N 2L0 AND 9209 Meadows Road, Pemberton, BC V0N 2L0.
Business Information: We are a business dedicated to growing, processing and selling hops.
Type of Employment: Full time – Seasonal.
Estimated Start Date: Work starts in April 1st until October 15th
- Plant, cultivate and irrigate crops
- Fertilize and spray crops
- Harvest crops
- Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- Clean barns
- Set and monitor water lines, air flow and temperature in barns
- Weed hop field and grounds maintenance
- Tie up vines daily
- Able to apply chemical spraying
Work conditions and physical capabilities:
- Handling heavy loads - Repetitive tasks
- Work under pressure - Attention to detail
- Physically demanding - Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Standing for extended periods - Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Willing to work in hot weather
-Education: Not required
-Experience: Experience an asset
- Overtime is required
Salary: $10.85 to 12.00 Hourly, 45-50 Hours per week.
We provide t-shirts and protective gear.
Important Information: Employees have to work 10 hours per day. The schedule is from 7AM to 5PM – 6PM from Friday to Tuesday. Position requires flexibility on schedule. On-farm accommodation (mobile homes with amenities included) available for $30.00 per week. Workers will have 30 minutes lunch and 2 healthy breaks of 15 minutes.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 203-8475 Ontario St. Vancouver BC V5X 3E8